For the guacamole:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Scant teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 small or 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 cup (loosely packed) basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallions
- Sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
- 1 to 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 to 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and in strips
- 2 cups sugar snaps, topped and tailed
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
670 calories; 22 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 14 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 122 grams carbohydrates; 14 grams dietary fiber; 104 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 641 milligrams sodium
- In a medium bowl, stir together lemon juice, salt and garlic. Halve avocados lengthwise and discard pits and peels. Add flesh to bowl and mash coarsely with a fork.
- Reserve some basil for garnishing, and add remainder to bowl. Add scallions and mix gently with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with reserved basil. Serve immediately with toasted bread, endive leaves, fennel, sugar snaps or any other crudités.