Butter for ramekins
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons Italian 00 flour (see note) or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Place baking sheet in 400-degree oven. Butter four 2/3-cup ramekins and set aside.
- Using a microwave oven or double boiler, melt together the semisweet chocolate and the butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and flour. Add cooled chocolate mixture, and mix until blended. Fold in white chips.
- Divide mixture evenly among ramekins and place on baking sheet. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked and chocolate beneath is hot and gooey, about 20 minutes. Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve, reminding children that ramekins and chocolate are hot.
- Italian 00 flour is available at specialty food markets and from King Arthur Flour, (800) 827-6836; $3.75 plus shipping for a five-pound bag.