- 2 pounds plums, halved and pitted
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 star anise
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
291 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 75 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 69 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 4 milligrams sodium
4 servings, with leftovers
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Arrange plums cut side down in an ovenproof dish that holds them in 1 layer.
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey, syrup, cinnamon, star anise, vinegar and 1 1/2 cups water. Place on medium-high heat. As soon as mixture begins to boil, pour evenly over plums. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake plums until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove foil, and let cool slightly. To serve, place 4 portions of plums in 4 shallow bowls, and top with syrup. Plums may be refrigerated and served cool or reheated.