- 5 pounds (about 10 medium or 5 large) sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- ⅓ to ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup sour cream or créme fraîche
- 4 teaspoons purée from canned chipotles
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
439 calories; 5 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 92 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 29 grams sugars; 6 grams protein; 14 milligrams cholesterol; 440 milligrams sodium
6 to 8 servings
- Put oven rack in middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Place potatoes on large baking sheet and bake until soft, 35 to 40 minutes for medium potatoes, up to 1 hour for large.
- Meanwhile, combine syrup, sour cream or créme fraîche, chipotle purée, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from oven and slice in two lengthwise. Scoop hot flesh into a potato ricer or food mill, and purée into bowl with other ingredients. Stir with rubber spatula to combine. Potatoes should be light and fluffy. Taste for seasoning, transfer to warm serving bowl and serve immediately.