- 8 to 10 baked tart shells (see recipe)
- 8 to 10 teaspoons black currant or similar jelly
- 1 ½ cups, approximately, ganache (see recipe)
- 8 to 10 meringue kisses (see recipe)
- ¼ cup unsweetened powdered cocoa
8 to 10 tarts
- Arrange tart shells on flat surface. Spoon one teaspoon of jelly in center of each.
- Outfit pastry bag with No. 4 star pastry tube. Fill bag with ganache. Pipe out about one tablespoon onto center of tart shell on top of jelly.
- Arrange one meringue, bottom side down, on top of ganache. Pipe equal portions of ganache onto meringue pieces until completely covered. You may add decorative touch by piping a little ganache onto top and sides of meringues, lifting quickly as you work to create porcupine effect.
- Before ganache solidifies, hold small sieve over each tart and sprinkle with light, even dusting of cocoa.