- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- ¼ pound bacon, minced
- 1 cup cabbage kimchi, plus some of its juice, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
229 calories; 17 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 33 milligrams cholesterol; 320 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If sprouts are small, simply trim them; if larger, trim and cut in half top to bottom. Put bacon in ovenproof pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just about crisp, 5 minutes or so. Remove with slotted spoon and add sprouts, cut-side down.
- Cook until they begin to sizzle, then transfer to oven. Roast until brown on one side, then shake pan to redistribute. Remove when bright green but browned and fairly tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, purée kimchi in food processor or blender until fairly smooth.
- Return pan to stove over medium heat and stir in butter, salt and pepper, and bacon. Put kimchi in bottom of a bowl and top with sprouts. Spoon a little kimchi juice over all and serve.