- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3 1/2-pound rack of pork, 6 ribs, boned, tied to the rack of bones
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3 bay leaves, preferably fresh
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup ruby port
- 1 cup chicken stock, approximately
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
585 calories; 35 grams fat; 11 grams saturated fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 53 grams protein; 167 milligrams cholesterol; 292 milligrams sodium
- Place oil over medium-high heat in a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven or stovetop casserole. Add pork and sear on all sides until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove meat.
- Add garlic and onions; sauté over medium-low heat until soft. Add bay leaves; deglaze pan with vinegar. Add port and stock. Season meat with salt and pepper; return to pot.
- Place over very low heat and cook, basting occasionally, 40 to 45 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer reads 140 degrees. Add a little more stock if liquid cooks down too fast. Remove meat to a platter to rest 15 to 20 minutes; temperature will rise to 150 to 155 degrees.
- Reheat sauce and add olives and parsley. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Slice meat and cut ribs apart. Arrange all on a platter, spoon sauce over and serve.
1 hour 15 minutes