- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup risotto rice, preferably Vialone Nano
- ½ cup dry white wine, preferably verdejo
- About 4 cups warm chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- ½ pound boneless, skinless smoked trout, in small chunks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced chervil
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
418 calories; 12 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 51 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 20 grams protein; 20 milligrams cholesterol; 733 milligrams sodium
- Heat oil in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Add onion, fennel and garlic and sauté over low heat until soft. Stir in rice. Cook a few minutes. Add wine. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until most of the wine has been absorbed.
- Add stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring, adding more as each portion is absorbed. After adding 1 1/2 cups, season with salt and pepper and fold in trout. Keep adding stock until rice is al dente but mixture is still creamy, about 17 minutes total.
- Fold in lemon zest and chervil. Check seasoning and serve.