- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced chorizo (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 pounds small (1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter) pattypan squash, stem ends trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
258 calories; 19 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 24 milligrams cholesterol; 358 milligrams sodium
Serves 8 as a side dish
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until tender. Add the tomatoes, chorizo, squash, the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and cook until the squash are tender, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro, season with salt and black pepper and either serve now or cool and reheat later.
1 hour 10 minutes