- Soft butter, for greasing baking dish
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dried chile de arbol, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
256 calories; 21 grams fat; 13 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 154 milligrams cholesterol; 678 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9-inch baking dish. Whisk together the eggs, egg yolk and ricotta in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the cream, milk, 1 teaspoon thyme, salt and pepper. The mixture will be a little lumpy.
- Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the chile and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Cover the dish with foil and place it in a roasting pan. Add enough tepid water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake until the custard is just set, about 1 1/2 hours.
1 hour 45 minutes