- 1 green garlic, washed, outer skin around the bulb removed, thinly sliced, bulb and greens
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 4 pounds butter clams, washed
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
435 calories; 7 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 20 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 67 grams protein; 143 milligrams cholesterol; 2731 milligrams sodium
- Sauté the garlic and parsley in the butter until lightly browned. Season with black pepper, add water and clams. Cover and cook 5 minutes over high heat. Transfer the clams that have opened to a serving bowl. Continue cooking any clams that haven’t opened for another 2-3 minutes. Discard any clams that haven’t opened.
- When you pour the broth over the clams, do so slowly so any sediment is left behind to be discarded. Serve with fresh bread.