For the dough
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup shelled walnuts
- ¼ pound unsalted butter, chilled and cut in to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For the vanilla sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ vanilla bean
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings)
100 calories; 6 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 11 milligrams cholesterol; 12 milligrams sodium
2 dozen cookies
For the dough
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all dough ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the dough resembles coarse meal. Then process continuously until it begins to gather together.
- Roll 2 teaspoons dough at a time into half moon shapes. Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake until firm to touch, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vanilla sugar ingredients in a food processor until the vanilla bean is pulverized.
- When cookies are done, let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack. Sift the vanilla sugar over them immediately. Continue cooling for 15 minutes. The cookies may be stored in an airtight container up to 5 days.