Police in a Massachusetts town say a fired McDonald’s worker shown in a viral video contaminating food will face charges.
A video went viral on social media earlier this month that showed a worker at a McDonald’s in Southbridge stuffing french fries in her mouth and then putting them into one of the red McDonald’s large french fry boxes. A second employee could be seen holding the box and laughing in the background.
Southbridge Police Chief Shane Woodson told the Telegram & Gazette that a female will face charges that will be filed Monday. He didn’t identify the person facing charges or say what the charges are.
The video has not been independently verified by NBC10 Boston, but Southbridge police issued a statement on their Facebook page after it went viral saying that they were aware of the video and were investigating.
“At this time, the matter is being addressed in coordination with the Board of Health and restaurant management. We are also working to determine whether the food was ultimately served to a customer and to identify any individual who may have been affected,” Southbridge police said. “We understand the concern this incident has generated within the community. While this investigation is ongoing, we ask the public to allow investigators and health officials to complete a thorough review of the circumstances.”
Police in Southbridge, Massachusetts, say a fired McDonald’s worker shown in a viral video contaminating food will face charges.
The Spadea and Balducci family, the owners and operators of the Southbridge McDonald’s franchise, also issued a statement at the time denouncing the actions of those in the video and saying they are conducting their own investigation.
“The actions of these individuals are unacceptable and do not reflect our organization’s food safety standards or values,” the statement said. “We, as an organization, are conducting an internal review and are proactively working with local authorities and the local health department, who yesterday, found no public health concerns or violations. The wellbeing and safety of our Southbridge community remains our top priority, and we are taking swift appropriate actions.”
The Telegram & Gazette said both employees were suspended and eventually fired.

Dining and Cooking