- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 fluke fillets, each about 6 ounces, or flounder or gray sole
- 6 large red radishes, sliced paper-thin, about 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 ½ tablespoons fruity olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
195 calories; 10 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 38 milligrams cholesterol; 480 milligrams sodium
4 appetizer servings
- Slice all peel and pith from grapefruits. Holding each over a medium-large shallow bowl to catch juice, carefully cut out segments between membranes with a sharp paring knife. Place segments in another bowl. Squeeze membranes well over bowl of juice and stir in vinegar. Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture to grapefruit segments.
- Cut each fluke fillet in half lengthwise, along the dark seam. Holding a sharp knife at an angle, cut each strip into 6 equal pieces. Place in bowl of juice and marinate 15 minutes.
- Add radish slices and chives to grapefruit segments and stir gently. Fold in 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Season lightly with sea salt.
- Toss fluke with about 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste, and arrange on each of 4 large salad plates in a circle, leaving space in center. Season with a little more sea salt. Pile grapefruit and radish salad in middle. Scatter pink peppercorns over fish, drizzle with remaining oil and serve.