- 1 partly baked 10-inch tart shell (see recipe)
- 1 or 2 zucchini, trimmed, about 3/4 pound
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 ⅛ pounds ground lean pork
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallions
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
431 calories; 30 grams fat; 13 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 16 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 22 grams protein; 165 milligrams cholesterol; 221 milligrams sodium
Six or more servings
- Prepare the tart shell and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the zucchini into one-quarter-inch slices. Stack the slices and cut them into one-quarter-inch strips. Cut the strips into one-quarter-inch cubes. There should be about two cups.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the onions. Cook, stirring, until they are wilted. Add the pork and cook, stirring and breaking up any lumps with the side of a heavy metal spoon. Sprinkle with the scallions and the zucchini and cook until any liquid has evaporated and the mixture is relatively dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, nutmeg and curry powder.
- Combine the whole egg, egg yolk, cream and milk in a mixing bowl and beat thoroughly. Add the meat mixture. Stir to blend.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell. Place a baking sheet in the oven. Put the filled tart shell on the sheet and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the custard is set.