- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black bean (available in Oriental grocery stores)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, or as desired
- 1 thin slice ginger, minced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 scallion (green and all), chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
389 calories; 21 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 37 grams protein; 272 milligrams cholesterol; 605 milligrams sodium
- Shell and devein shrimp. Rinse black bean. Place these and all other ingredients within easy reach of stove.
- Heat a wok or large skillet until very hot. Add oil, salt, ginger, garlic and black bean and stir-fry 10 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp and stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken stock and sugar and bring to the boil. Thicken with cornstarch solution and stir in scallions. Add black pepper to taste and turn off heat. Add egg, a little at a time, stirring slowly and gently. Serve with rice.
About 15 minutes