- ¼ cup lard (preferred) or neutral oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons mint, preferably spearmint
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
381 calories; 35 grams fat; 13 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 15 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 12 grams protein; 396 milligrams cholesterol; 143 milligrams sodium
- Heat the lard or oil in a 10-inch cast-iron or nonstick skillet. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the remaining ingredients.
- When the oil is shimmering but not quite smoking (you can test it with a drop of the egg — it will sizzle and puff up), add the egg mixture all at once. It will puff up and begin to brown. As it does, turn it (in sections, though you can try to turn it all at once), so that uncooked parts brown as well.
- Serve hot, with tomato salsa if you like.