- 1 pound fresh Chinese mein (Chinese noodles available in Asian markets) or 1/2 pound dried egg noodles
- Salt to taste if desired
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil (see note)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
296 calories; 4 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 53 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 10 grams protein; 63 milligrams cholesterol; 15 milligrams sodium
6 to 8 servings
- Drop the noodles into a large quantity of boiling water with salt to taste. Cook 3 1/2 to 4 minutes if the noodles are fresh; 7 to 8 minutes if they are dried.
- Drain quickly. If they are to be served hot, return them to the cooking kettle. If they are to be served cold, run them under cold running water and drain. In any event, toss with sesame oil and serve.
- Use imported Asian oil that has flavor, rather than the unflavored commercially available sesame oil from supermarkets.