- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes (4 or 5 large)
- ½ small onion, peeled
- 1 4-inch piece of day-old baguette, torn into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large cooked and cooled shrimp, for serving
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
292 calories; 27 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 19 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 27 milligrams sodium
- Quarter the tomatoes and onion; combine with the bread, garlic, oil and some salt and pepper in a bowl and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Put the mixture in a blender or food processor. (Work in batches if necessary.) Blend or process until smooth, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve in bowls with shrimp.