- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ pounds chopped stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries or apricots, for example)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup toasted nuts (like macadamia)
- Orange juice to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
190 calories; 4 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 37 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 32 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 34 milligrams sodium
- Combine fruit, brown sugar and water in a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add orange juice and ginger, curry powder and a pinch of ground cloves. Simmer, reducing mixture to desired thickness.
- Partly cool, then stir in raisins and toasted nuts (like macadamia), and serve.