- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 dried chipotle, left whole
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Three-quarters to one pound shrimp, peeled or not
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
445 calories; 28 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 20 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 46 grams protein; 365 milligrams cholesterol; 456 milligrams sodium
2 servings, or more with pasta or bread
- Put the olive oil in a skillet just big enough to hold the shrimp in one layer and turn the heat to low. Add the garlic and adjust the heat so that it barely sizzles; when it colors nicely, add the saffron, chipotle and cumin, and stir for a minute or so. (All of the seasonings can be adjusted to taste.)
- Add the shrimp and season well. Raise the heat a bit and cook, turning once or twice, until firm, 5 minutes or less depending on their size. Garnish and serve.
15 minutes, tops