- 8 to 10 Cara Cara oranges
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups vodka
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
741 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 124 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 119 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 3 milligrams sodium
1 1/2 quarts
- Sterilize 2 glass quart jars, with lids, by running them through the dishwasher or immersing them in boiling water for 10 minutes. With a vegetable peeler, remove the peel, not the pith, from 4 or 5 oranges. Place 1 1/2 ounces of peel into each quart jar.
- Juice all the oranges to yield about 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Press the juice through a fine strainer to remove pulp and seeds. You should have about 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Add the juice to the sugar syrup in a steady stream, stirring continually. Bring the flavored syrup back to a boil, then pour half into each jar.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely, then pour 2 cups of vodka into each jar. Shake the jars well, then tuck them into the back corner of a closet. After one month, strain the liquid. Pour the citrus liqueur into decorative bottles with caps or corks. It will be ready to drink, but will become even more flavorful after another month.