- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Port wine
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon imported mustard, preferably Dijon
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
25 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 5 milligrams sodium
- Peel the thin outside rind of the lemon and orange. Cut into shreds and put in a small saucepan. Add the water and bring to a boil. Simmer seven minutes. Scoop out and discard the shreds.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and orange and set aside.
- Add the Port, jelly, vinegar, mustard, salt, cayenne and lemon and orange juice.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer five minutes. Let cool. Serve.