- 4 ½ pounds veal bones
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 carrot, trimmed, scraped and coarsely chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- 12 peppercorns
- 2 quarts water
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
25 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 0 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 6 milligrams cholesterol; 110 milligrams sodium
- Combine all ingredients in a kettle and cook three to six hours or until the liquid is reduced to about three cups.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth and strain the stock. Carefully skim or pour off all trace of fat. Cook the clear broth until reduced to two cups.