- 1 large eggplant, peeled
- 1 pound lamb, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 small young onions, cut in wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
889 calories; 88 grams fat; 41 grams saturated fat; 39 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 87 milligrams cholesterol; 44 milligrams sodium
- Thread the cubes of eggplant, the lamb, the onion and tomatoes in alternate pieces on skewers. Brush with olive oil.
- Heat the coals until hot. Grill the kebabs for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, or until the eggplant is cooked and the lamb is browned on the outside and pink in the middle. Season it with salt and pepper and serve with the following sauce.