- ¾ pound baby carrots, about 36
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
99 calories; 7 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 23 milligrams cholesterol; 86 milligrams sodium
- Using a swivel-blade paring knife, peel carrots and trim off the ends. Put carrots in a saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to boil and cook about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and add onion. Cook, stirring, until wilted. Add carrots and stir. Add cream, salt, pepper, mustard and parsley. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
About 15 minutes