- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups unsweetened pumpkin puree (canned)
- 12-ounce jar apricot preserves
- Roulade (see recipe)
- Meringue mushrooms (see recipe)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
571 calories; 24 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 85 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 56 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 74 milligrams cholesterol; 414 milligrams sodium
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Cream eggs, sugar and oil. Add pumpkin; mix well. Add dry ingredients; beat until mixed.
- Bake cakes at 350 degrees in two greased and floured eight- or nine-inch ring molds for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool; remove from pans.
- Heat apricot preserves; sieve and stir in 2 tablespoons water; brush on cake. Decorate with roulades around the outside and brush with glaze.
- Fill center with meringue mushrooms and decorate with marzipan stars, if desired.