- 4 ounces bitter chocolate
- 3 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 eggs
- ¼ pint fresh cream
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
394 calories; 26 grams fat; 14 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 8 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 25 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 22 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 319 milligrams cholesterol; 121 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a double boiler or a slow oven, melt the chocolate carefully and stir in the rum or brandy. Add the sugar.
- Beat 4 egg yolks and stir them into mixture. Beat the egg whites until they stand in peaks. Set two extra yolks aside for use in some other dish such as scrambled eggs. Gently fold the whites into the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered four-cup souffle dish. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes. The souffle should be risen but the inside center should be runny. Serve with heavy cream, handed separately.