Anyway, in addition to being a source of personal inspiration for yours truly, Ming Tsai has created some truly exceptional recipes. Like, truly. Everything I’ve ever made of his is bursting with flavor. And this recipe was no exception. The pesto was spicy, sweet, tangy, and herby all at once. Mixed with the other salad ingredients, it was sublime. Literally, I can’t explain to you how good this is. And how easy. And how GOOD.
So grab a chicken and some basil and make this. Now. Please?
- 1 jalapeno chili, stemmed and seeded
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1 c. roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 c. fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1/3 c. fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1/2 – 1 c. canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package (8 0z.) orzo, cooked according to package directions
- meat from1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. asian pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 c. fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 1-3 TBS lemon juice
- kosher salt and pepper
Mix orzo, chicken, pesto, cherry tomatoes, and spinach in large bowl. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Serve slightly warm or cold.