- 1 pound young carrots
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup regular or low-fat milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
195 calories; 15 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 39 milligrams cholesterol; 96 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Scrape carrots and cut into medium slices or slice in food processor. Cook carrots in boiling salted water until just tender, about five minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Meanwhile, saute cumin in one tablespoon butter for about 30 seconds. Add the ginger and garlic and saute a minute longer.
- Combine cooked, drained carrots with cumin-garlic mixture, lemon juice, remaining butter and milk, and process in food processor with steel blade, in batches, until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. The recipe may be prepared to this point early in the day and heated gently to serve. If served immediately, heat through.