- 1 pound red, unblemished radishes closely trimmed of stems and leaves (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions or green onions
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
75 calories; 5 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 48 milligrams sodium
- Weigh the radishes after trimming off their stems and leaves as well as the thin sprout from the top.
- Cut the radishes into thin slices.
- Heat the butter in a skillet, preferably of the nonstick variety and add the sliced radishes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing and stirring so that the radish slices cook evenly, about 3 minutes.
- Add the scallions or green onions. Continue cooking, stirring and tossing, about 2 minutes longer.