- 4 cups cooked wild rice (see recipe)
- 1 turkey liver, optional
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ pound mushrooms, cut into half-inch cubes, about 2 cups
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
353 calories; 27 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 22 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 82 milligrams cholesterol; 52 milligrams sodium
About 7 cups
- Prepare the wild rice and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop the liver and set it aside.
- Toast the chopped pecans lightly in a skillet.
- Heat the butter in a heavy skillet and add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring, until wilted. Add the mushrooms and chopped liver. Add salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about five minutes.
- Add the wild rice and pecans and blend thoroughly. Let cool.
- Stuff and roast the turkey. Heat any leftover stuffing separately in a skillet atop the stove and serve with the carved turkey.
1 hour 20 minutes