- ½ pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup honey
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
421 calories; 16 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 64 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 28 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 56 milligrams cholesterol; 129 milligrams sodium
24 3-by-4-inch cookies
- Cream the butter and sugar together until very light in color. Add the egg and honey and continue to beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, ground ginger, ground cloves, and cinnamon together, and stir into the butter mixture.
- Wrap the cookie dough in wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the chilled dough until it is one-eighth-inch thick and cut it with a Christmas-tree-shaped cookie cutter. Place the cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet and, if you like, sprinkle them with multicolored sugar.
- Bake on a rack in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly firm.