- 3 pounds scallops
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice
- White pepper to taste
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 30 blanched snow peas, cut in half
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large white onion, cut up
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- Dill sprigs for garnish
- 5 tablespoons pine nuts
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
249 calories; 16 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 15 grams protein; 27 milligrams cholesterol; 471 milligrams sodium
- Rinse the scallops in cold water and trim. Cut sea scallops in half; leave bay or calico scallops whole. Marinate the scallops in the lemon juice, seasoned with pepper, for two hours at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator.
- Make a bed of shredded lettuce on a serving platter and arrange snow peas around the edge.
- In a blender, place the oil, vinegar, garlic, cut-up onion, sugar, mustard and chopped dill and blend until the mixture is smooth. If using a food processor, mince the onion and garlic before adding the remaining dressing ingredients.
- Drain the scallops and arrange on the lettuce. Spoon the dressing over the scallops.
- Sprinkle with the dill and pine nuts.