- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 pounds
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 large shrimp, about 1/2 pound, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 large, red ripe tomato, about 1/2 pound
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 6 fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
390 calories; 16 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 50 grams protein; 251 milligrams cholesterol; 157 milligrams sodium
- Place 4 of the chicken breast halves, skinned side down, on a flat surface. Using a sharp knife, slice halfway through the meatiest portion of each breast half. Open up the breast, butterfly-style, and pound lightly with a mallet without breaking the tissues. On one half of the underside of the breast there is a detachable piece of meat known as the fillet. Remove and pound each of these lightly to flatten. Set aside.
- Cut the remaining chicken breast half into 1-inch cubes. Put the cubes in the container of a food processor or electric blender and start blending while adding the cream, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly. There should be about 1/2 cup. Arrange 2 of the shrimp close together in the center of each flattened chicken breast half. Spoon an equal portion of the blended mixture over the shrimp. Cover with flattened fillets. Fold the outer portions of each chicken breast half over the filling to enclose it compactly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Add the onion and shallots and cook until wilted.
- Slice off the core end of the tomato and cut the tomato into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add these to the skillet. Add the thyme, basil and wine. Arrange the stuffed breast halves over the mixture and bring to the boil. Cover closely and cook 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a warm serving dish. Cook the sauce down over high heat about 2 minutes.
- Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and add the parsley. Stir. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and serve hot.