- 1 ½ pounds cleaned, well-rinsed spinach, tough stems and blemished leaves removed and discarded
- 2 large green onions, trimmed and coarsely chopped, about 1 cup loosely packed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste, if desired
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
171 calories; 7 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 21 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 12 grams protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 369 milligrams sodium
About two cups
- It is preferable that the spinach be steamed rather than boiled. Bring water to the boil in the bottom of a metal steamer. Place the rack over the boiling water, cover and steam the spinach until it is wilted, about three to five minutes.
- Put the hot spinach into the container of a food processor and add the green onions, garlic, butter, salt and mustard. Blend thoroughly.