- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup matzoh meal
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (16 servings)
172 calories; 10 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 15 grams protein; 81 milligrams cholesterol; 58 milligrams sodium
15 to 20 croquettes
- Poach the chicken breasts in very little water until the meat is very tender and can be easily removed from the bones.
- Pass chicken and onion through a coarse grinder and mix with beef, matzoh meal, eggs, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Break off egg-sized pieces of the mixture and shape into round, slightly flattened croquettes. Saute gently in olive oil until well browned on both sides. Serve hot or cold.