- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 slices fresh ginger, about the size of a quarter, peeled and julienned
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch ground cloves
- ¼ pound yellow onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4-cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
242 calories; 12 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 33 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 22 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 30 milligrams cholesterol; 1183 milligrams sodium
- In a glass or ceramic dish (11 by 14 by 2 inches), combine butter, sugar, salt, ginger, paprika, cloves and onion. Cook, uncovered, at 100 percent for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes. Push tomatoes to the edge of the dish so that they make a ring, leaving an open area in the center. Cover dish tightly with polyvinyl microwave plastic wrap. Cook at 100 percent for 8 minutes. Pierce plastic and stir in dissolved cornstarch. Patch plastic. Cook at 100 percent for 3 minutes longer.
- Prick plastic. Uncover carefully. Stir in lemon juice and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.