- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 half chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 10 spears asparagus, trimmed and peeled
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
405 calories; 20 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 8 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 47 grams protein; 140 milligrams cholesterol; 608 milligrams sodium
1 or 2 servings
- In a 1-cup glass measure, stir together chicken broth and dissolved cornstarch. Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap. Cook at 100 percent for 2 minutes. Reserve.
- On a dinner plate, arrange chicken breasts (see box). Leave about 2 inches between them. Place asparagus spears in the space between the breasts. Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap. Cook at 100 percent for 3 minutes, 30 seconds.
- Uncover and carefully pour cooking juices into reserved sauce. Whisk in lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over chicken and asparagus. Serve immediately