- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless fresh salmon fillets
- 1 ¾ cups freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 14 limes)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (see note and recipe)
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely minced garlic
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
318 calories; 21 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 24 grams protein; 62 milligrams cholesterol; 72 milligrams sodium
- Cut the salmon into one-inch, or slightly smaller, cubes. Put the cubes in a mixing bowl and add the lime juice. Refrigerate for at least one and one-half hours.
- Drain the salmon and return the cubes to the bowl. Add the coconut milk, salt, pepper, onions and garlic. Stir to blend.
- If you do not wish to use coconut milk, make a vinaigrette sauce with two and one-half tablespoons white-wine vinegar, eight tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour this over the fish cubes when drained and add the onions and garlic.
1 hour 45 minutes