- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- tablespoons chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ pound ziti
- ½ pound broccoli flowerettes, cut into bite-size pieces, about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 pound monkfish or sea scallops
- ¾ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
623 calories; 25 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 14 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 51 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 43 grams protein; 185 milligrams cholesterol; 335 milligrams sodium
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a skillet and add onion, shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes without browning. Add wine, tomatoes, tarr-agon, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring sauce to boil; add cream and stir.
- Meanwhile, bring 10 cups of water to boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add broccoli and when the water returns to a boil cook about 4 minutes. Scoop out and reserve about 2/3 cup water.
- As pasta and broccoli cook, cut monkfish into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Or, if sea scallops are used and they are very large, cut in half. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to a large skillet and add monkfish or scallops. Cook briefly, stirring, about 1 minute and add sauce. Cook about 3 minutes and add shrimp. Cook about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and add them to sauce. Add reserved Y cup water. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
About 30 minutes