Asian Red Cabbage and Walnut Salad
Mound the slaw in a bowl or on a platter. It looks nice if you press it into a bowl then reverse it onto a platter.
- ¼cup fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon agave syrup
- 1tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt to taste (optional; fish sauce is salty)
- 3tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2tablespoons walnut oil
- 1tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 8cups finely shredded red cabbage (1 medium cabbage, quartered, cored and finely sliced)
- ½cup slivered cilantro leaves with top parts of stems (lay bunch down and cut across the bunch)
- 1cup julienned radishes
- 1 to 2tablespoons minced fresh ginger, to taste
- 1cup lightly toasted walnut halves
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, rice vinegar, agave syrup, fish sauce, salt (if using) and oils.
- In a large bowl, combine red cabbage, cilantro, radishes, ginger and 1/3 cup of the nuts. Toss together, add dressing and toss together again. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and toss again before serving.
- Mound the slaw in a bowl or on a platter. It looks nice if you press it into a bowl then reverse it onto a platter. Top with remaining toasted nuts just before serving.
- You can substitute pecans for the walnuts.