With the vegetal sweetness of caramelized peppers and onions as the base, a topping of fresh ricotta, flaky salt, and mint leaves is a simple way to make a terrific breakfast or lunch. It tastes fresh, deep, milky and rich, and the flavor of mint comes on like a surprise.
- 1 1/2-inch slice of country bread
- 3-4 tablespoons melted-pepper spread, or to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons ricotta cheese, to taste
- Flaky salt
- Mint or basil leaves, roughly torn, for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
113 calories; 10 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 4 milligrams cholesterol; 114 milligrams sodium
- Toast the bread well, and spread it with the peppers. Drop on the ricotta in dollops, and season them with flaky salt. Scatter on a few torn mint or basil leaves, and serve immediately.