Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- ½ cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces and softened
- ½ cup freshly shredded white Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped chives, or to taste
- Celery sticks, carrot sticks, bread, potato chips, and-or tortilla chips, for serving
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
178 calories; 13 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 12 grams protein; 59 milligrams cholesterol; 548 milligrams sodium
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In an 8-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and hot sauce and simmer until the sauce has thickened and reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then stir in the lemon juice, sour cream and cream cheese until combined. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. If you’d like the top to get browned, run it under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Immediately garnish with blue cheese and chives. Serve with chips, bread or vegetables for dipping.