Crispy Feta With Lemon
- 1 (8-ounce) package block feta, preferably not in brine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Flaky salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red-pepper flakes, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices, for serving
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (16 servings)
54 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 14 milligrams cholesterol; 113 milligrams sodium
- Cut the feta in 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut each rectangular slice in half crosswise to form two squares. You should end up with about 16 squares. Transfer the squares to a paper towel on your cutting board and pat dry.
- In a large shallow bowl or rimmed plate, stir together the cornstarch and sesame seeds. Working with one at a time, gently coat the feta on both sides with the cornstarch mixture.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the feta in a single layer and cook until golden-brown, about 1 minute. Using a spatula, gently flip and cook until golden-brown on the other side. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with flaky salt, black pepper and red-pepper flakes. Serve warm with crackers or toasted baguette slices, with lemon wedges alongside for squeezing on top.