Thai-Style Coconut Curry Chicken Tacos
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from approximately 2 limes), plus wedges for serving
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
405 calories; 20 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 30 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 27 grams protein; 107 milligrams cholesterol; 733 milligrams sodium
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is softened, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring, until no longer pink, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer until the sauce is thickened and the chicken starts to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the pico de gallo: Toss the tomato, onion, cilantro and the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tacos. Top with the pico de gallo and avocado, if using. Serve with lime wedges.