- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk, tough outer peel removed, inner portion smashed, optional
- 1 (3-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Nutritional Information
Note: The information shown is DiningAndCooking.com’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.Powered by DiningAndCooking.com
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
426 calories; 25 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 15 grams polyunsaturated fat; 39 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 14 grams sugars; 13 grams protein; 10 milligrams cholesterol; 1502 milligrams sodium
- In a large stock pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium. Add the lemongrass and half the ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower, potato and garlic, then add the stock. Bring to a boil over high, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon ginger with the scallions, cilantro, vinegar, lime zest and juice, honey and the remaining 1/4 cup grapeseed oil. Whisk together and season with salt. Set aside. The relish will marinate and the scallions soften as it sits.
- Remove and discard the lemongrass stalk from the soup. Using an immersion blender (or working in batches in a traditional blender), purée the soup until smooth. Add additional water, if needed, to thin the soup. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve the soup topped with the ginger-scallion relish, and serve with a slice of buttered toast.