- ½ pound dried apricots
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- ½ to ⅔ cup sugar (or to taste)
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
361 calories; 2 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 79 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 69 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 49 milligrams sodium
- Simmer the apricots in the wine with the apples, lemon juice and sugar, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft. Cool and puree in a food processor.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until they are in stiff peaks. Using a whisk, fold them into the apricot puree.
- Spoon the mousse into eight wine glasses or individual bowls. Chill for one to two hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.