- 2 12-ounce packages frozen pureed winter (butternut) squash, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup light or heavy cream
- ¼ cup ground toasted walnuts
- 2 teaspoons dried chervil, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon ground mace
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- ½ cup toasted walnut pieces, for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
272 calories; 21 grams fat; 11 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 19 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 64 milligrams cholesterol; 21 milligrams sodium
- Combine all the ingredients except the walnuts pieces in a large saucepan and stir to blend well. Cook the soup over medium heat until warmed through, about six to eight minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls and add a few chopped walnut pieces in the center.