- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound of carrots, scraped and sliced thin
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
179 calories; 14 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 38 milligrams cholesterol; 84 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add carrots, nutmeg and cinnamon, season with pepper and toss, coating carrots with butter. Continue cooking for a couple of minutes, then add water. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Carrot slices should be tender and the water evaporated.
- Whisk in remaining butter and lemon juice. Fold in the parsley leaves and serve.